Time: February 27, 2021 to February 28, 2021
Location: Hollow Inn & Motel
Street: 278 S Main St.
City/Town: Barre, VT, 05641
Website or Map: https://winterchallengerally.…
Event Type: road, rally
Organized By: SCCA/ John Buffum
Latest Activity: Dec 23, 2020
Most all the controls will be by the RICHTA System. The Richta app on your smartphone will monitor your car’s location using GPS and will know when you pass each checkpoint. The app will record your time of arrival, compute your score, make a ringy-dingy sound, and display this information to
you a few moments after you pass each checkpoint. These controls are timed to the second, rounded down. There are several Open controls that will operate normally and time to the hundredth. No drivers’ meeting – if you have a question email me or set up a place and time to individually talk before the start of the event. Most all controls are GPS. START/FINISH: The Winter Challenge Rally Weekend will headquarter at The Hollow Inn, 278 So. Main St, Barre, VT
1. The rally entry will be limited (30 cars).
2. Normal entries close [in hand with proper fee]: Saturday, 20 February 2021
3. You MUST have a dedicated Smart Phone – either Android or IPhone. This will time you at the controls; you must NOT use it for anything else.
4. I advise that you have a second phone available so that you could receive a call during the event.
5. I advise a bracket for your car to keep the phone visible to you as you drive along (so that you can monitor the control times and ‘see’ your restart times).
6. Rally Generals will not be mailed (posted at www.winterchallengerally.com).
7. Rally will run regardless of weather.
8. Recommend for map reading: Magnifying Glass, Dividers
9. Start order: Class A (A ‘draw’ will be held for actual start positions); Class S.
10. There will be an adjustment factor between 2-wd & 4-wd at some controls.
11. Ongoing information will be on WWW.WINTERCHALLENGERALLY.COM